News KuwaitNews KuwaitNews Kuwait
  • Home
  • Business
  • Community
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
Reading: Large Quantities of Food Supplies Seized From Egypt-Bound Trucks at Kuwait Customs Points
Share
Notification
Font ResizerAa
News KuwaitNews Kuwait
Font ResizerAa
  • Business
  • Community
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Home
  • Business
  • Community
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • Bookmarks
  • About
  • Corrections
  • Editorial Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
News Kuwait > Security > Large Quantities of Food Supplies Seized From Egypt-Bound Trucks at Kuwait Customs Points
Security

Large Quantities of Food Supplies Seized From Egypt-Bound Trucks at Kuwait Customs Points

NewsDesk
Last updated: August 6, 2026 8:26 pm
NewsDesk
2 weeks ago
Share
Food Supplies Seized at Kuwait Customs | AI-Generated Image
SHARE

The General Administration of Customs said inspectors discovered the concealed supplies while performing standard checks on vehicles preparing to cross into Egypt. Detailed examination of the loads uncovered the food items that had been strategically hidden to evade detection at the Sulaibiya and Vegetable Market facilities. Officers moved quickly to seize the cargo and document the violation for the official record.

Legal procedures have been launched against all individuals connected to the smuggling operation. The case now rests with specialized agencies tasked with investigating breaches of customs law and recommending subsequent measures. Completion of this review will clarify the full scope of the attempt and any related network involved in arranging the transport.

The General Administration of Customs said it will continue strengthening inspections at all customs ports while taking strict action against smuggling attempts. Such steps are intended to protect economic security, preserve national resources and enforce Kuwait’s laws and regulations, according to the administration. The focus on these areas reflects a consistent policy applied to all forms of illicit trade passing through the country’s entry and exit points.

In a similar operation at the Al-Salmi border crossing during May 2026, customs personnel intercepted large quantities of ration food supplies that were banned from leaving the country. Following routine inspections, the items were confiscated and transferred to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry once legal requirements had been satisfied. This earlier event formed part of the same campaign to uphold food security standards and local market equilibrium.

Customs records from 2021 document the seizure of nearly 16,000 subsidized food items over a two-month period as officials targeted comparable export violations. The subsidized ration program supplies basic foodstuffs to eligible residents at reduced prices, creating incentives for diversion to neighboring markets where values are higher. Government bodies responsible for the program continue to monitor distribution closely to minimize losses through unauthorized channels.

An assessment of Kuwait Customs operations indicates that advanced X-ray and scanning systems are deployed at major ports and border crossings to identify concealed goods. These technologies enable more efficient and accurate inspections without always requiring complete unloading of vehicles. Their use has proven instrumental in supporting the administration’s ability to address smuggling of food supplies along with other regulated products.

PAFN Logs 315 Violations in Coordinated Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh Food Safety Operation
State Security Court Acquits Kuwaiti Woman of KD 7.5 Million Laundering Charges
Kuwait Naval Forces to Receive Rheinmetall Decoy Launchers on New Patrol Boats
Kuwait Ministry of Interior Highlights New Law on Maritime Facilities and Floating Units
Kuwait Interior Ministry Arrests 23 in 12 Drug Cases
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
ByNewsDesk
News Kuwait NewsDesk is the desk responsible for News Kuwait's daily news coverage, monitoring and reporting developments across the Gulf from official sources, including national news agencies and government communications. Its focus is accurate, timely and factual coverage of the region.
Previous Article Kuwait’s Record Property Year Puts Home Design Back in Demand
Next Article Kuwait Justice Ministry Logs More Than 400,000 Court Enforcement Procedures in June
  • Home
  • Business
  • Community
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sport
  • About
  • Corrections
  • Editorial Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
News KuwaitNews Kuwait
© 2026 News Kuwait. Published by Peninsula News Group LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Contact
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?